General Purpose of the Job
Assist the Weld Manager in the day to day operations of the department, primarily automobile part production in automated environment. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Position functions include, but not limited to, those set forth below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all safety rules and procedures are followed and enforced daily.
- Support Production System activity.
- Strive to meet departmental Key Point Indicators and carry out improvement activity to eliminate gap items.
- Investigate, report and initiate solutions to cost, quality, and safety issues.
- Daily monitoring of coordinator and team leader floor activity for departmental compliance.
- Monitors scrap production and reduction efforts.
- Responsible for the following reports: KPI data submission, Internal/External Quality and Audit reporting. Support monthly management review reports and, weekly production reports.
- Conduct annual review of all controlled documents, including the departmental documents to ensure the use and accuracy.
- Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility of each associate at UPAL.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
This position manages all associates of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the associates within that department.
- Coordinators – Salary Non-Exempt
- Team Leaders – Hourly Non-Exempt
- Directs all Hourly Non-Exempt
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Results Driven
- Performance Management
- Ethical Conduct
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum requirements one-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point).
Other Skills and Abilities
Strong knowledge of:
- Forklift Safety
- Overhead cranes
- Mig welding and fabrication skills
- Power tools and equipment
- Resistance welding
- General mechanical and electrical skills
- Drawings and blueprints
- Lean Manufacturing
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice.
- Must hold and maintain current driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel to other company facilities.
- Must be able to interact with associates at all levels.
Decision Making Authority
- Conduct interviews and make recommendations for hiring.
- Administer disciplinary actions according to company policy.
- Make independent decisions regarding daily production, safety, manpower and overtime.
- Approve/Disapprove Vacation requests.
- Develop and schedule training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended periods of time, lift to 30lbs unassisted and anything above with the use of a proper lifting device. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear at moderate noise levels. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Occasional lifting may be required of this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment will include constantly working near moving mechanical parts, occasional exposure to fumes and electric shock. Moderate to loud noise exposure occasionally. Ear, eye, head, foot, hand and arm protection is required.