Automation Manager reports directly to the Corporate Engineering
Manager. Their function is to provide and manage with staff all new or assigned
tooling programs with references to quality, inspection, checking fixture
design and build, process control methods, tool cost budgeting, timing and
ensure all processes are developed to exceed the Customer expectations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manages Process Engineering, and Corporate layout staff.
- Approval of time cards for Process Engineers, Engineering Clerk and
Corporate CMM layout staff.
- Communicate with staff through activities at APQP / PPQR
meetings. Provide support and guidance where appropriate to all discipline
to further their development with quality standards and customer
- Attend initial release meetings with Customer as required.
- Validation (signoff) of all quality documents.
- Management and organization of all engineering files and documents.
- Design approval of all checking fixtures.
- Build and payment approvals of all check fixtures.
- Review all inspection standards and GD&T for all new products.
- Scheduling and planning of all check fixtures at Corporate Lab.
- Provide value added product suggestions for manufacture and process control.
- Track all new program timing utilizing the tool chart.
- Maintain all assigned programs showing tool progress and timing from release to program completion (PPAP).
- Review new programs with plant quality for PPAP.
- Manage all Engineering standards and customer standards.
- Perform all tasks assigned by immediate Supervisor.
- Evaluate and report check fixture vendor performance standard on delivery and quality.
- Review PCR’s for completeness and update staff on any change.
- Create PCR’s when required to monitor fixture changes, process change and process improvements.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- University or College graduate with emphasis in Quality and Engineering.
- A minimum of five years work experience in related field in stamping and assembly area.
- Work experience must contain strong management organization, communication and time management.
- This must be supplemented with the ability to read GD&T, a strong back ground in
statistical process control, process measurement, quality documentation,
AIAG, ISO standards, strong computer skills for office administration, blue
print reading and personal skill for customer relations.