- The CMM Operator / Lab Technician shall report directly to the facility Quality Assurance Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Participate in the training of all personnel working in the Corporate Laboratory in the fundamentals of CMM operations.
- Participate in the training of personnel for proper usage of all laboratory test equipment.
- Liaison with Engineering, Plant Quality or Corporate quality Manager for problems encountered during daily operation.
- Proper completion of required tests and proper documentation for sample submission to various customers.
- Assist in maintaining proper record retention of all lab equipment.
- Assist in retaining documentation and completion of all dimensional analysis.
- Completion of all match metal programs including required documentation.
- Review the results with the person who requested the dimensional or laboratory testing utilizing company form.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Creates CMM programs utilizing CAD files.
- Calibrates all plant equipment and fixtures at the prescribed intervals.
- Retains documentation and completion of all laboratory and dimensional analysis.
- Performs any other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Graduate of a Technical Institute preferred or equivalent Training and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience / education in inspection practices is preferred.
- Shall have knowledge of the use of a Coordinate Measuring Machine with knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and Blueprint Reading to perform inspection and calibration of fixtures and product.
- Shall have knowledge of Statistical Process Control, metallurgical testing, customer inspection procedures and laboratory testing methods that will be used to test product to customer standards.