Position: Estimator / Reports to: Director of Estimating / Department: Estimating / FLSA status: Exempt
- Prepare quantity take-off and cost estimates for projects over $50,000 to furnish and install multiple product lines as manufactured by the company.
- Perform project management of awarded contracts including material ordering, scheduling, installation vendor selection and oversight.
- Complete understanding of multiple product lines as manufactured and/or purchased by company. Including assembly methods.
- Understanding of the construction process, means and methods
- Ability to understand and interpret architectural and structural drawings, specifications, sketches, and construction documentation.
- Confer with Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Owners Representatives and/or Sub-Contractors in order to determine the scope of work required.
- Detail oriented and very organized, maintain neat and clean work area.
- Prepare quantity take-off from construction documentation provided.
- Analyze the project requirements, and apply the correct unit cost for materials, labor and additional services, when required Uses good time management skills to complete project tasks and meet established due dates.
- Create accurate, detailed estimates using Proposal form in MS Excel format.
- Perform project management of successful proposals including material ordering, coordination of deliveries and installation/subcontractor award.
- Maintain cost control monitoring and reporting of individual assigned projects, including oversight of customer invoicing.
- Manage closeout process of assigned projects.
- Participate in and/or conduct special studies to develop cost data related to hourly production and component assemblies in ongoing effort to effect cost reduction. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of one to three years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Intermediate computer skills required including a proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project) • Regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.