Title: Cost Accountant (SAP CO/FI Specialist)
Reports to: CFO or Manager of Finance and Accounting
Department: Finance and Accounting
Shift: 1 St/Days; Some Weekends and Evenings
Responsible for assisting the Manager of Finance and Accounting at a single plant location in providing company financial planning, production cost, and financial closing. Will help to ensure that company accounting procedures conform to U.S. GAAP and will work closely with parent company in reporting.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Product cost calculation using SAP cost module
- Fixed Asset Closing
- Assist in month-end financial closing processes and reporting including journal entry postings
- Assist and deliver periodic reporting including financial statement, Various category reporting, intercompany reconciliations.
- Process month-end sales closing with review of data between company billing and customer sign off. Monitor & analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures & use of resources while maintaining high level of accuracy
- Support ad hoc report requested from manager, head quarter or 3 rd party business partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of cost accounting
- SAP experience required (About 3+ years)
- Knowledge of GAAP
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Frequently required to sit, stand, bend at the knees and waist, and walk
- Required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- Required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- May be required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Required to use close vision and be able to focus
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to travel domestic US and/or international if needed
- May be required to wear safety Personal Protective Equipment for eyes, face, head, feet, hearing, hands and arms.
To perform this job successfully,- an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Client is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.