Job Title: Deputy General Manager
Department: Production Management
Reports To: General Manager
General Purpose of the Job
Ensure that Stamp, Assembly, and Quality Control departmental operations are running effectively in the aspects of SQCDM. Drive forward activities of Production System while maximizing visual management tools on the production floor. Maintain an atmosphere to promote and develop improvement activities with a common goal of company success. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Position functions include, but are not limited to, those set forth below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations, product quality and reliability, on time delivery, productivity, and safety to meet established goals.
- Guide department managers with Business Plan development, tracking, and the achievement of targets set by the company business plan. Ensure gap analysis is being done by department to minimize loss and maximize profit.
- Guide department managers with the development and achievement of planned budgets. Seek cost reduction and profitable Kaizen.
- Guide department managers to build and maintain an effective team focused on continuous improvement aligned with the strategic objectives of the Business Plan.
- Establish a relationship and good communication with the customer.
- Ensure that a safe and clean work environment is maintained.
- Fully understand the daily operations of the production areas. Be able to identify the needs of the department managers to provide the tools and guidance necessary for success.
- Develop supervisors in a direction to achieve compliance with Production System.
- Oversee Process Audit activity and ensure steady action to close open items.
- Manage, coach, counsel, and guide your direct reports with daily activities; such as, production flow and delegation, as well as clearly formulating expectations, goals, accountability, and professional development plans.
- Be able to lead meetings in a formal setting as needed.
- Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility of each associate.
This position manages Stamp, Assembly, and Quality Managers and is responsible for the performance and management of supervisors within each department.
- Manager (Salary Exempt)
- Assistant Manager (Salary Exempt)
- Coordinator I (Salary Non-Exempt)
- Risk Management
- Performance Management
- Ethical Conduct/Discretion
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Results Driven
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as disco
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point).
Other Skills and Abilities Strong knowledge of the following:
- Forklift Safety
- Overhead cranes
- Fabrication skills and Mig welding, if needed
- Power tools and equipment
- Resistance welding
- General mechanical and electric skills
- Drawings and blueprints
- Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice.
- Must hold and maintain current driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel to other facilities.
- Must be able to interact with associates at all levels.
Decision Making Authority
- Conduct interviews and make recommendations for hiring.
- Administer disciplinary actions per company policy.
- Decisions regarding daily production, safety, manpower and overtime.
- Department business plan and budgets.
- Approve/Disapprove Vacation requests.
- Confirm process layouts.
- Authorized to recommend associate separation or transfers from department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended periods of time, lift to 30lbs unassisted and anything above with the use of a proper lifting device. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear at moderate noise levels. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment will include constantly working near moving mechanical parts, occasional exposure to fumes and electric shock. Moderate to loud noise exposure occasionally. Ear, eye, head, foot, hand, arm protection is required.