Position: Electrical Maintenance (Electrician)
Location: Anniston, Alabama
Salary Grade: Hourly
Position Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures within an industrial foundry environment. Perform work in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service the electrical systems of machines and related components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Follow all processes and procedures associated with the Company Safety Management Program. Advise management of any deviations from this program.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in a technical field or training in a vocational school preferred.
- Three to five years of related on-the-job experience required.
- Must have experience reading electrical schematics.
- Must have experience reading and troubleshooting PLC ladder logic.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and WORK ACTIVITIES
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Skills required include troubleshooting, repairing, active listening, critical thinking, judgment and decision making, installation, active learning, complex problem solving, and equipment maintenance.
- Abilities required include problem sensitivity, deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, near vision, oral comprehension, visual color discrimination, arm-hand steadiness, finger dexterity, information ordering, and manual dexterity.
- Work activities include getting information; identifying objects, actions, and events; making decisions and solving problems; handling and moving objects; inspecting equipment, structures, or surroundings; updating and using relevant knowledge; organizing, planning, and prioritizing work; and evaluating informationto determine compliance with standards.
- Physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body include climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, standing, stooping, and handling tools and materials.
- Must wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats.