PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position shall be responsible for maintaining all aspects of HVAC equipment throughout the facility, including but not limited to unit heaters, roof top HVAC units, grade level AC units, compressors, chillers, etc., as well as performing maintenance activities, including but not limited to, new equipment installation, scheduled & unscheduled maintenance of all equipment, troubleshooting, and the upkeep of the material condition of the entire building and surrounding grounds.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS:
- Follow all plant safety rules and policies.
- Understand and promote Magna’s philosophies (Magna Operational Principles, Corporate Constitution and Employee’s Charter).
- Follow and comply with all safety standards including LOTO
- Follow and comply with all operational procedures/policies as stated in the employee Environmental Health and Safety programs.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as required
- Perform equipment checks on facility equipment
- Assist in the response of emergency tasks during off hours as needed: plumbing, electrical, HVAC problems
- Maintain shop facilities in neat and orderly manner
- Load vehicles with forklift, operate boom and ladder lifts
- Use computerized or manual Maintenance Information Systems to document the details of equipment related issues, repairs made, Preventative and Predictive Maintenance measures taken, etc.
- Follows policy and procedures
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Understands and comprehends both the metric and standard measurement systems.
- Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
- Perform other duties as required.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS SKILL (Ability to do the job)
– Experience operating HVAC and process cooling water systems in a manufacturing environment is desired
– Experience with gas fired AHUs, unit heaters, and boilers is desired
– Experience with Trane equipment, controls, and software is desired
– Experience with air cooled chillers is desired
– Experience with process cooling water systems is desired
– Willingness to work extended or flexible hours as required to meet production
– Strong mechanical background;
– Basic equipment knowledge;
– Maintenance skills
– Understanding of customer requirements
– Ability to work in stressful situations
– Must be willing to work in various locations within and outside the facility
– Knowledge of basic plumbing
– Strong knowledge of industrial electricity desired
– Experience with building automation systems desired
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required,
- Must have current EPA Universal certification
And at least one of the following in order of preference:
- License from Alabama Board of Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Contractors with 2 years of experience servicing commercial and/or industrial HVAC and R equipment
- License does not have to be active
- Licenses or certifications from other states may be acceptable – provide information for review
- NATE certification in HVAC service with 2 years of experience servicing commercial and/or industrial HVAC and R equipment
- Diploma from HVAC school and at least 5 years of experience servicing commercial and/or industrial HVAC and R equipment
Kamtek is a Tier 1, automotive manufacturing supplier that specializes in Metal Stamping and Assembly for Mercedes, Volkswagon, Kia and Hyundai. As a local distributor and supplier, Kamtek’s market segmentation to Cosma International, (a division of MAGNA INTERNATIONAL) provides a “state-of-the-art” product that utilizes the most technologically advanced Pressing processes in order to maintain a competitive advantage to other OEM’s within the market.
Our company’s culture of team spirit & mutual respect with a focus on fair treatment helps us to embrace our multi-cultural affiliation with Magna International, and supports our mission through process efficiency and competitive product pricing. Furthermore, the culture at Kamtek focuses on Job Security, with employees being given the opportunity for continuous training, advancement within the skill/trade, and potential for growth within our safe work environment. We offer Employee Equity and Profit Participation programs which increase our employees’ ownership within the company.
Kamtek, part of Cosma International and a division of Magna International, represents the the most diversified automotive supplier in the world. We design, develop and manufacture automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of cars and light trucks in our three geographic segments – North America, Europe, and Rest of World (primarily Asia, South America and Africa).
Our capabilities include the design, engineering, testing and manufacture of automotive interior systems; seating systems; closure systems; metal body & chassis systems; mirror systems; exterior systems; roof systems; electronic systems; powertrain systems as well as complete vehicle engineering and assembly.
We have a global presence in order to support our customers on a worldwide basis, consisting of 136,000 employees in 319 manufacturing operations and 85 product development, engineering and sales centers in 29 countries on four continents as of Q2 2015