- Accomplish day to day tactical objectives in support of the company and the department goals.
- Demonstrates adherence to company policies and procedures in support of safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale initiatives.
- Embrace and promotes company core values to establish and maintain a culture committed to ethical practices, legal compliance and a union-free environment.
- Takes initiative to participate in training and developing opportunities to prepare for current and future challenges.
- Supports the Logistics Planning Team through designing and implementing lay-out, material flow, developing new equipment, auditing material, managing improvement projects and reporting
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Optimization of the area used for material storage in the warehouse.
- Layout concepts of equipment for purchasing, jig, work station, part feed rack and etc.
- New rack designs and proposals in AutoCAD or similar program.
- Research tools and request quotations from suppliers (equipment, tool, fixtures, purchased components, etc.)
- Control PR and PO (VATTZ System)
- Manage the project budget, material requisitions and purchase orders.
- Audit and maintain equipment in optimum condition in order to prevent quality damages to the material.
- Manage logistics improvement projects and provide up to date information to upper management when requested.
- Direct activities associated with maximizing profitability.
- Develops Logistic processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing Logistic methods and equipment.
- Improves WH efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, manpower and equipment layout.
- Engage in program design and development stages to the launch of a new car project.
- Manager all programs related Logistic Improvement (Feed System, Material Shortage Monitoring)
- Provide weekly and monthly reports regarding project updates.
- Other tasks as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field)
- PC literate, Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- 2D/3D AutoCAD proficiency