- Prepare and maintain master production schedule for Cairo plant based upon product demand and capacity to meet customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Accountability:
- Create Master Production Schedule for 600+ end items across five value streams
- Publish and distribute MPS
- Monitor and distribute Schedule completion/compliance
- Maintain high standard of customer OTD
- Use guidance from Corporate Sales, Demand Planning, and Product Managers
- Use customer inputs: Order book, EDI, Forecasts, and historical sales data
- Understand Capacity restraints internally and of supply chain
- Set MPS to adhere to inventory targets and reduce obsolescence
- Provide guidance to Production Coordinators
- Support Production Control Supervisor
- Communicate demand variations to Management team
- Work with Launch Team for successful launch of new items
- Support physical inventories and cycle count activities
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience of scheduling concepts(ie: MTO, MTF, level loading).
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of BMS and Oracle and strong acumen to learn
- Working knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain strong customer relationships by using appropriate & timely communication & feedback.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Positive attitude/high energy.
- Flexible working hours, overtime, and some travel required.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Understanding JSOX, TS16949, and company policies and procedures
- Understands the need for excellent attendance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred -Business, Finance, Engineering
- Prior Scheduling Experience in Manufacturing Environment
- 5+ years in Production Control
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is mostly performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards, and with substantial time spent working on a computer. Requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
- Travel by automobile and plane required approximately 5% of time.