Install, dismantle, or move machinery and heavy equipment according to layout plans,
blueprints, or other drawings.
Follow all processes and procedures associated with the Tyler Union Safety
Management Program. Advise management of any deviations from this program.
• Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts or bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and
measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
• Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules,
micrometers, and plumb bobs.
• Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
• Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power
• Signal crane operator to lower basic assembly units to bedplate, and align unit to
• Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving
• Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit.
• Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
• Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and
• Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.