Assembly Maintenance Technician will provide technical support for production and carry out the assignments and responsibilities given to them by the assembly department maintenance supervisors and team leaders.
• Follow and enforce all safety policies and procedures
• In general, ensure the achievement of departmental OEE targets through the achievement of equipment availability targets.
Additional tasks may include but will not be limited to:
• Adjusts & repairs automotive manufacturing equipment, repairs and services, and test equipment using hand tools and power tools.
• Disassembles defective equipment as well as replaces defective parts, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, etc.
• Reassembles, adjusts and tests repaired equipment. Equipment testing includes the ability of the maintenance associate to operate the machine during non production hours, producing quality parts to ensure machine functionality.
• May specialize in repairing specific manufacturing equipment, and equipment that is not specific to the manufacturing process.
• Troubleshooting and modification to maintain uptime, make modifications to improve efficiency and reliability of equipment and its systems. Oversee modifications by internal and external resources for process changes, new models and expansion.
• Use computerized or manual Maintenance Information Systems to document the details of equipment related issues, repairs made, Preventative and Predictive Maintenance measures taken, etc.
• Make necessary adjustments to parts and machinery to ensure proper production run.
• Basic robotics troubleshooting on robots.
• Basic electrical circuit troubleshooting.
• Use computerized or manual systems to facilitate root cause analysis for failures resulting in major downtime (as defined by management). Once the root cause has been identified, put measures in place that will prevent recurrence within the affected business unit as well as across the facility.
• Optimize/upgrade or change equipment based on safety, quality, or production requirements.
• Interface with all necessary production associates associates, (production supervision, etc…to ensure issues are identified and resolved. In general, communicate with the production team.)
• Ensure new parts get ordered or returned unused part back to the correct stock location.
• Update verification forms when needed.
• Promotes good housekeeping
• Perform other duties as required
• Applicable rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures.
• Electrical troubleshooting skills
• Robotic troubleshooting skills
• Robotic programming skills
• PLC troubleshooting skills
• High level of mechanical aptitude
• Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree)
• Technical Associates Degree preferred or equivalent automated manufacturing experience required. Technical knowledge will be demonstrated through a technical assessment prior to hire, lateral move, or promotion.
• Minimum 4 years of automated manufacturing technical experience required
Pay $25 per hour DOE