Position: Foundry Production Supervisor
Location: Anniston, Alabama
Position Reports To: Business Unit Manager
Directly supervise, coordinate, and plan production for operations at molding lines, core machines, finishing operations, or melt operations in a ductile iron foundry producing pipe fittings for the waterworks industry. Integrate safety, environmental, quality, and human resources support into all production operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all processes and procedures associated with the Tyler Union Safety Management Program. Adhere to Company safety rules and regulations and work safely at all times.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production of core molds on various core molding machines.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production and quality standards.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations and work and safety procedures.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for employees.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, and maintenance services.
- Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
- Confer with management or human resources to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and efficiency.
- May be required to work any shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervise production and maintenance personnel.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Knowledge required to perform this job include production and processing; mechanical; administration and management; engineering and technology; and computers and electronics.
- Skills required to perform this job include, active listening; speaking; coordination; critical thinking; reading comprehension; time management; judgment and decision making; monitoring; complex problem solving; persuasion; writing; instructing; negotiation; operation monitoring, quality control analysis, operations analysis, and systems evaluation.
- Abilities required to perform this job include, deductive reasoning; oral comprehension; oral expression; problem sensitivity; written comprehension; speech clarity; speech recognition; inductive reasoning; written expression; and information ordering.
- Work activities associated with this job include, communicating with managers, peers, and subordinates; monitoring processes, materials, and surroundings; organizing, planning, and prioritizing work; getting information; scheduling work and activities; coordinating the activities of others; making decisions and problem solving; controlling machines and processes; developing and building teams; processing information; documenting/recording information; and evaluating information to determine compliance with standards.
- Physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body include climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, standing, stooping, and handling tools and materials.
- Must wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats.