Title: PRODUCTION TECH 2
SUMMARY: Responsible for the PM, continuous improvement and overall equipment efficiency,
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Oral/ Written Expression (Clarity) – ability to communicate clearly information and ideas both verbally and in writing so others will understand o Oral/Written Comprehension — ability to listen to, read and understand information and ideas communicated verbally and in writing.
- Decision Making I Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Deductive Reasoning – Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
O Problem Sensitivity – To tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Inductive Reasoning – Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time includes organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
Tasks and Activities
Occupation Specific Tasks:
- Electrical Systems — Troubleshoot, repair, and modify electrical systems associated with production equipment. Make design changes as required by production.
DOC-1288 Rev A
- Mechanical — Troubleshoot, modify, and make repairs and modifications to mechanical devices such as gearboxes, cylinders, valves, flow controls and pneumatic devices. Make simple changes as required by production.
- Industrial Robots — Teach, modify, troubleshoot, repair, and replace damaged mechanical and electrical components.
- PLCs — Troubleshoot, edit, and repair system components using programmable logic controller software. Make program design changes as required by production.
- GMAW — Set parameters, maintain and repair torches, breakaway devices, troubleshoot and repair GMAW systems, correct bad robot weld paths.
Resistance Welders — Set parameters, repair, modify and troubleshoot RW systems including weld guns, weld sequence devices, power supplies and components.
- Fabrication — Cutting, Welding, and machining of steel for maintenance of production equipment.
- Hydraulic Presses — Set parameters, modify and maintain and repair of systems and components. Projects — Plan and complete projects from start to implementation by directing team members.
Education, Training and Experience
In house candidate
- Minimum 3 years experience as a FPG production technician e Pass the required applications test (75%) and interview with senior management. If a no pass grade is made, the test can be repeated after 3 months) Achieve a “Work Keys” score of Level 4
Bachelors Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Technology, and a minimum of 1 year experience as a production technician in a related field.
If no Bachelors degree, Associates Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Technology and a minimum of 4 years experience as a production technician in a related field.
- If no Associates degree, at least 7 years experience as a production technician in a related field.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of both MIG and resistance welding and their applications. The candidate will be required to work 60 days at the production technician level to confirm hands on ability.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a written test (75%) on electrical and mechanical applications before their 90 day probation period is completed. Achieve a “Work Keys” score of Level 4 Plus Qualifications:
- Completion of the following courses : XRC Advanced programming with arc welding , NXIOO C I/O ladder editor programming , Advanced Omron PLC programming, PILZ Programming, Motoman NXIOO maintenance, Omron HMI programming.
- pt\o \
$21.70 per hour