QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR
- The Quality Assurance Supervisor reports directly to the Quality Manager or to the Plant Manager.
- The goal of the Quality Assurance Supervisor is to create a positive and cooperative work environment that encourages continuous improvements and a customer responsive attitude among all employees. Each employee must realize that other employees are their customers and they must work to satisfy that customer as well as our ultimate customer.
- Each Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the needs and goals of our QUALITY, PRODUCTION SCHEDULE, and SAFETY requirements are adhered to, in order to create a climate which leads to job security, improved working conditions and a world class position.
- Training and /or Experience in Quality
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Leadership Ability
- Good Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Customer Relations Skills
- Follow quality plans and procedures to ensure consistent production of a quality product.
- Responsible for communicating, meeting and executing all QUALITY goals by following our approved system. This includes, but not limited to assisting Quality Manager, Area Managers and associates in resolving quality concerns, issues and problems.
- Perform general quality functioning such as quality certification involvement, charting and reporting, CMM operation, lab testing, gauging/fixture checking, calibrations, tagging, record and document control.
- Support the Quality Manager and the Quality Department in product development activities, quality assurance and production data, reporting quality performance, inspecting, and monitoring manufacturing samples and new products.
- Liaison between the supplier/customer regarding quality issues.
- Promotes safe working and housekeeping practices to a safe and orderly working environment.
- Promote the goals and practices of continuous improvement by providing ideas and suggestions for improving the quality of the product.
- Responsible for providing the best possible product and service to each other as well as to the ultimate customer.
- Shall be knowledgeable of and will follow all policies, standards and procedures as set out in the “ Corporate Policies and Procedures”. The Quality Assurance Supervisor shall seek assistance from the Plant Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, or the Human Resource/Health and Safety Manager where guidance or explanation is required to ensure proper compliance with these policies, standards, or procedures.
- It is understood that the Quality Assurance Supervisors will have access to confidential information regarding the operation of its customers and this information shall not be divulged to any improper persons without prior approval of Senior Management.
- The Quality Assurance Supervisor may be called upon to work overtime, odd schedules, travel or other quality functions to meet the need of growth and changing products and other tasks as negotiated. In addition, your job functions may crossover to other areas in manufacturing and working with the Quality Manager, Plant Manager and Corporate Managers.