General Purpose of the Job
The primary purpose of the Quality Coordinator is to support all departments of the organization to assist in any Quality issues to mass pro parts, and new program activities. The Quality Coordinator position contributes greatly to the organization by providing assistance with new program activities such as new models and transfers, in relation to quality. Position functions include, but are not limited to, those set forth below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Special tasks assigned by Quality Assistant Manager.
- Supplier Relations — answer questions; create forms, and any other needs that arise. New Model and Transfer projects — assist in creating reports, schedules, and collect data as needed.
- Perform Catia duties as needed including answering questions regarding parts. Work with very little supervision & direction; which would include applying common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form by the Quality Assistant Manager.
- Work with TDS/TSS to assist in tooling modification for customer quality issues.
- Provide internal support for all departments.
- Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility of each associate at UPAL. Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Assist in preparing documentation for meetings.
- Verify fixture audits are completed.
- Participate in the UPAL Circle process & provide quality support as needed.
- Cost of Quality-for suppliers SPC tracking
- Annual Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning yearly departmental budget and business plan
- Assist in cost down reduction activities.
- Conduct annual review of all controlled documents, including the departmental documents to ensure the use and accuracy.
- Parts Quality Reports
- Verify PPAP’s from Suppliers Assist in QAV’s & SQV’s.
- Participate in the Kaizen process to improve process and part flow.
- Assist in verifying Parts Quality for New Model and transfer event builds (DI-I, DI-2, QIP, DAN, QC and RC).
- Complete purchasing requisitions and applications.
- Perform 3A audits for Internal/Supplier.
- ATOS Data
- LMI Data
- Assist in new model or transfer equipment activity to verify that parts meet customer specifications.
- Data Analysis Reports/Data Analysis Charts (SPC trend analysis)
- COQ reports
- COQ departmental charts
- Level-up requests
- Supervisory Responsibilities
This position manages all associates of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the associates within that department.
- QA Specialist – Non-Exempt
- QA Team Leaders – Non-Exempt
- QA Key Skilled Associates – Non-Exempt
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
- Product-related experience/familiarity
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point).
Other Skills and Abilities
- General understanding of process capabilities and functions. Mechanically inclined
- Ability to read/interpret Blue Prints Automotive Quality Knowledge
- Microsoft Office