Quality Manager – Casting Business
Unit Location – Brewton, AL
- The Quality Manager will oversee the daily operations of quality and lean activities, including quality system and audits, and regulations requirement coordination.
- This person will foster teamwork across departments to ensure full support of the above.
- This role leads the team with a hands-on approach and heavy floor presence.
- The QM will develop and implement effective programs, procedures, processes, goals, and methods to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, corporate quality policies, and applicable industry quality standards.
- The QM will ensure that all customer communications and activities are thorough, effective and timely.
- As well, aggressively drive continuous improvement, and actively participates in Kaizen activity.
- This person will manage all product and process audits and the corrective/preventive action system used to ensure compliance; manages all aspects of quality activities associated with the supplier base.
- Consolidates, analyzes, and reports key quality metrics on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement; leads the management team in the review of facility’s quality metrics using disciplined problem-solving techniques to identify, implement, and correct/prevent actions.
- The Quality Manager will manage the quality team in addition to associated resources for quality-assurance coverage; will build and support a high-performing team by managing goals/metrics, providing timely feedback on performance, and facilitating the talent-management process.
- Ensures the proper bench strength of the quality team and the development of its associates.
- Establishes project plans and manage initiatives based on defined priorities, anticipating cross-functional and cross-team collaboration opportunities, and coaches team members on timely and accurate accomplishment of goals, providing access to development experiences as appropriate.
- Accomplishes quality by orienting, training, assigning, and coaching employees.
- Meets quality standards by enforcing production, productivity, quality, customer-service, safety, security, and health standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Controls product quality inspection actions by enforcing manuals, resources, and websites.
- Resolves product quality standard applications by examining and interpreting specifications, and correcting vague references.
- Provides management planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing product quality results data and trends.
- Contributes to the quality department and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS plus minimum 8 years professional experience; Advanced Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience supplying the Automotive market.
- Ductile Iron Foundry experience strongly preferred. Extensive Experience in the following areas – Quality Management, Timely Decision Making, Decision Quality, Dealing with Customers, Accuracy and Attention to Detail, New Product Launches, Analytical Thinking, Policy/Procedure Development