Are you ready for an exciting opportunity to join our team?
KEY RESULT AREAS
Quality Systems, Scrap.
Provide engineering services to develop and enhance quality control systems and procedures to create high quality castings to fulfill customer expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Exhibit superior safety practices every day evidenced by outstanding housekeeping at all times.
2. Extend treatment to all other employees of the Company as individuals with the courtesy and dignity shown tocustomers.
3. Exceed customer quality and service expectations through attention to detail.
4. Exercise maximum care to protect the environment by fostering and supporting responsible operating procedures.
Maintain and administer plant quality control systems by creating, revising and auditing quality manuals and other programs/procedures in accordance with TS16949 and Grede Reliability in Product (GRIP) requirements.
Maintain the statistical process control program by performing a variety of statistical analysis on products and production processes.
Conduct studies to develop inspection methods and sampling control procedures to achieve quality control goals and economical manufacturing costs.
Coordinate the corrective action program to improve supplier and plant production quality.
Monitor, analyze, and interpret scrap and return statistics and provide suggestions to enhance plant performance in these areas.
Establish key production process characteristics and provide assistance in developing procedures to control these factors.
Conduct production process and product failure mode effect analysis (FMEA), as required.
Visit customers or vendors to address and resolve casting quality problems.
Assist in the improvement of supplier quality.
Provide assistance with customer service activities.
Position: Engineer, Quality
Factor Substantiating Data
1. Educational Requirements Bachelor degree in Engineering, or equivalent.
2. Experience Requirements Three to five years experience.
3. Functional Complexity Supervise diversified work. Make decisions within applied technology.
4. Character of Supervision Conduct or supervise special technical assignments.
5. Number/Status of Employees Supervised Administrative supervision of special technical
6. Responsibility for Systems, Procedures, Controls Apply several available methods. Requires
analysis and adaptation.
7. Responsibility for Assets May incur moderate losses.
8. Responsibility for Contacts Internal contacts on controversial/technical matters. General external contacts.
9. Responsibility for Trust, Confidential Data Involves occasional access to controlled
information. Access to articles of minimal cost.
10. Environment General office working conditions, infrequent shop exposure or travel 10-30% of time.
11. Hazards Occasional exposure to accident or health hazards.
12. Functional Level Responsibility Basic level professional