SENIOR AREA MANAGER
The Senior Area manager reports to the Plant Superintendent, then to the Plant
The goal of the Senior Area Manager shall ensure that each Area Manager has the proper
number of personnel, both direct as determined by the Capacity Plan to successfully fulfill
their responsibilities combined with materials and equipment necessary to efficiently and
safely meet the requirements of the Customer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- The Senior Area Manager promotes safe working practices in a safe and orderly
environment. He/she meets and exceeds all legislated standards, and all standards
procedures, rules and practices for loss control. He/she ensures that all aspects of the area
under his/her supervision are in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
and its regulations.
- The Senior Area Manager ensures that all pertinent information to achieve the effective
operation of the organization is communicated to all those concerned.
- The Senior Area Manager ensures that all department areas are properly staffed at start-up
and that absentee replacements are available in a timely manner.
- In addition, the Senior Area Manager is responsible for proper overtime scheduling per Production Control
Managers, Plant Superintendents or Plant managers approval.
- The Senior Area Manager ensures that all department areas are maintained in a clean and
organized manner and that all standards and practices are being met or exceeded.
- The Senior Area Manager ensures that all department Area Managers are promoting and
practicing the policies of continuous improvements.
- The Senior Area Manager shall be knowledgeable of all the policies, standards and
procedures as set out in “The Area managers Handbook” and will also be responsible for
the training of such Handbook to all Area Managers.
- The Senior Area Manager shall ensure that all rules, regulations and standards are followed.
- He/she shall issue discipline to employees requiring correction to ensure that these rules, regulations and standards are adhered to. Discipline will be issued in a fair and consistent manner with the goal of correcting behaviours and not of issuing punitive penalties.
- The Senior Area Manager ensures that all department Area Managers are promoting and practicing the policies of the Collective Agreement. When disciplinary action is necessary, the Senior Area Manager will attend or review the discipline with the Area Manager.
- The Senior Area Manager shall seek assistance from the Plant Superintendent, Plant
Manager or Human Resource Manager where guidance or explanation is required, to ensure
proper compliance with policies, standards or procedures.
- It is understood that the Senior Area Manger shall have access to confidential information
regarding the operation of its customers and employees under their supervision and this
information shall not be divulged to any improper person without prior approval of senior
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Education and/or experience on product or supervision. (5 or more year’s experience
- Strong Organizational and Communication skills, Leadership ability, technical
skills to meet job requirements, motivational skills to motivate supervised employees to
achieve goals and objectives, lead continuous improvements.