Job Title: Die Maintenance Technician
Department: Stamping/Die Maintenance Department
Reports To: Stamping Manager
Status: Hourly Non-exempt
Prepared By: Human Resource Manager
General Purpose of the Job
Oversee all aspects of die repair; maintain preventative die maintenance system, training and evaluating of all Die Maintenance Associates, Tool room equipment maintenance, maintain die component replacement part inventories. Track department spending budgets, press line support, hem die repair, problem solving and department housekeeping (5S). The Die Maintenance Technician must know how to properly repair and maintain various types of stamping dies. Position functions include, but are not limited to, those set forth below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In press Troubleshooting
- Operating Overhead Crane
- Spotting Press Operation
- Die Cart Operation
- Trim Steel Repair / Trim line Changes
- Draw Panel / Strip Reading
- Fixture Checking
- Draw Punch Repair
- Hand Grinding
- Die Steel Welding
- General Welding/Fabrication
- Must be compliant with the Unipres Hourly Attendance Control Policy
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Stress Management/Composure
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
- Forklift & Crane Safety Training and Forklift and Crane Operation skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The listed duties and responsibilities are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma with some technical school required.
- Must have completed a Tool and Die apprenticeship program or have 8 years documented experience as a Tool and Die Maker.
- Ability to write and read reports, engineering drawings, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from a group of people.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in a situation where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have basic computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must possess strong mechanical comprehension and problem solving skill.
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice.
- Must hold and maintain current driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel to other facilities as needed.
Decision Making Authority
- Responsible for the day to day problem solving related the performance of all tooling equipment.
- Must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended periods of time
- Lift to 30lbs. unassisted and anything above with the use of a proper lifting device.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear at moderate noise levels.
- The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment will include constantly working near moving mechanical parts, occasional exposure to fumes and electric shock. Moderate to loud noise exposure occasionally. Ear, eye, head, foot, hand, arm protection is required.