Posting Title: Vice President Maintenance of Way (MOW) Division
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Our client is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to- grave railway solutions – whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Alabama more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
As the VP of the MOW Division, you will manage a business with revenues of approximately $80M and provide leadership to all corresponding departments. The major responsibility is to develop and lead a high performing and collaborative team to design, engineer and build MOW equipment.
Key Job Elements
- Equipment manufacturing experience
- Lead overall business and develop growth strategies that align with other Divisions
- Ensure that the MOW Division provides superior equipment to its customers at competitive prices;
- Assess market trends and conditions to guide future decision making;
- Attract, develop and retain the talent base;
- Responsibility for the MOW Division budget and financial results;
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will have experience setting, achieving and exceeding business performance targets. She/he will consistently strive to achieve/exceed goals and will set contingency plans to ensure goals are met;
- Strategic Orientation: She/he will have the ability to integrate global market, competitive, trends, customers and other issues into a coherent plan for growth;
- Also, the candidate will be able to translate the larger corporate objectives or strategy into her/his own business plan;
- Collaboration & Influencing: She/he will use internal and external contacts, connections and linkages to forge relationships and improve competitive position. She/he will put broad business objectives before personal objectives and will be a team player other than open management style;
- Customer Team Leadership: Possess excellent leadership skills as evidenced by a track record of hiring, retaining, developing and monitoring top tier and diverse talent. Build strong relationships based on trust with all levels of employees, taking on the active and effective stance on representing the Company externally and also having a track record of personal engagement with customers, partners and suppliers.
Education / Training
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
Qualifications and Experience
- Broad, practical experience across several functions within the business;
- Successful, multi year track record;
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills;
- Outstanding people leadership/management/communication skills;
- People development and talent management;
- Strong organization building skills.
- Client and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
- *Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status – governing plan documents control such benefits.
- Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities