General Purpose of the Job
Ensure that all departmental operations are running effectively in the aspects of SQCDM. Recognize research and develop improvement activities with a common goal of company success. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Position functions include, but are not limited to, those set forth below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations, product quality and reliability, on time delivery, productivity, and safety to meet established goals.
- Ensure department operating efficiency goals are met.
- Ensure that a safe and clean work environment is maintained.
- Manage daily operations to meet demand, cost, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Build and maintain an effective team focused on continuous improvement aligned with the strategic objectives of the Business Plan.
- Investigate, report and initiate solutions to cost, quality, and safety issues.
- Daily monitoring of coordinator and team leader floor activity for departmental compliance.
- Monitors scrap production and reduction efforts.
- Can manage in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, also having a strong attention to details.
- Develop operating budgets; participate in cost reduction programs which are consistent with the short and long-term strategy of the Business Plan.
- Responsible for the following reports: Quality trouble reports, monthly management review reports, weekly production reports.
- Manage, coach, counsel, and guide your direct reports with daily activities; such as, production flow and delegation, as well as clearly formulating expectations, goals, accountability, and professional development plans.
- Conduct annual review of all controlled documents, including the departmental documents to ensure the use and accuracy.
This position manages all associates of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the associates within that department.
- Assistant Manager (Salary Exempt)
- Coordinator I (Salary Exempt)
- Team Leaders (Hourly Non-Exempt)
- Directs (Hourly Non-Exempt)
- Risk Management
- Performance Management
- Ethical Conduct/Discretion
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Results Driven
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor Degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point).
2nd shift position. $20-22 per hour