General Purpose of the Job
Ensure that all departmental operations are running effectively in the aspects of SQCDM. Recognize research and develop improvement activities with a common goal of company success. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Position functions include, but are not limited to, those set forth below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations, product quality and reliability, on time delivery, productivity, and safety to meet established goals.
- Ensure department operating efficiency goals are met.
- Ensure that a safe and clean work environment is maintained.
- Manage daily operations to meet demand, cost, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Build and maintain an effective team focused on continuous improvement aligned with the strategic objectives of the Unipres Business Plan.
- Investigate, report and initiate solutions to cost, quality, and safety issues.
- Daily monitoring of coordinator and team leader floor activity for departmental compliance.
- Monitors scrap production and reduction efforts.
- Can manage in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, also having a strong attention to details.
- Develop operating budgets; participate in cost reduction programs which are consistent with the short and long-term strategy of the Unipres Business Plan.
- Responsible for the following reports: Quality trouble reports, monthly management review reports, weekly production reports.
- Manage, coach, counsel, and guide your direct reports with daily activities; such as, production flow and delegation, as well as clearly formulating expectations, goals, accountability, and professional development plans.
- Conduct annual review of all controlled documents, including the departmental documents to ensure the use and accuracy.
- Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility of each associate at company.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
This position manages all associates of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the associates within that department.
- Assistant Manager (Salary Exempt)
- Coordinator I (Salary Exempt)
- Team Leaders (Hourly Non-Exempt)
- Directs (Hourly Non-Exempt)
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor Degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00