This is an excellent opportunity with a premier Tier 1, automotive manufacturing supplier that specializes in Class “A” Stamping, Assembly and High Pressure Die Casting that produces Body-side and Door Openings, Roofs, Floor Pans, Wheelhouses, Large Welded Assemblies, Doors, Fenders, Hoods, Lift-gates, Aluminum Shock Towers, and Aluminum Rear Rails. Excellent benefits, 401k, profit sharing. Very employee-oriented company with global growth opportunities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Set up CNC Mill and program parts to be machined.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthful workplace and keeping tooling maintained to produce quality products. Also responsible for continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, making informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS:
1) Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
2) Understand and promote Magna’s philosophies (Magna Operational Principles, Corporate Constitution and Employee’s Charter).
3) Operate CNC machine independently with minimal supervision.
4) Able to use a variety of controls and run 3 and 5 axis machines.
5) Must make minor offset adjustments and/or tool changes.
6) Troubleshoot on the CNC horizontal and vertical mill, lathe and perform setups and tool changes as required.
7) Monitor tool life.
8) Check parts and place them on the equipment or gauging stations correctly.
9) Report any problems to Team Leader in a manner that reflects the urgency of the problem.
10) Able to operate on line gauging and understand the readings.
11) Meet production requirements in a timely/efficient manner.
12) Recommend and initiate changes to continuously improve processes and tooling.
13) Perform P.M.s on machines and set up schedules
14) Fill out production sheets and all other production related documents as required and monitor SPC/quality and document updates.
15) Coordinate machining schedule between Engineering, Maintenance and Die Shop
16) Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes and increase productivity
17) Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
18) Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations
19) Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments and CNC Mills
20) Assist in determining spare parts requirements
21) Maintain accurate documentation
22) Train operators and new team members
23) Recommend modifications to existing tooling
24) Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments
25) Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes
26) Ensure quality product and know quality procedures
27) Program CNC Machines using offline G-Code software
28) Work to blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions
29) Select appropriate cutting tools as required.
30) Perform quality checks on an ongoing basis to ensure product is within tolerance.
31) Read/interpret designs accurately using smirtware.
32) Fill out machine/ job log book & lemoine system on a daily basis and communicate necessary
33) Run multiple machines as required
34) Efficiently perform Lock out/Tag out Procedures
35) Must be able to work overtime or alternate/rotating shifts as required.
36) Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
37) Perform other duties as required.
SKILL (Ability to do the job)
-Ability to use all tool room equipment and measuring tools
-Set up, program, and operate CNC Mill accurately and effectively
-Ability to work alone with confidence when required
-Ability to problem solve and troubleshooting
-Understanding of draw and trim operations and functions
-Ability to weld and restore tooling to original condition
-Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as needed
-Must possess knowledge of stamping and assembly processes
-Willingness to adapt to change and learn
Some of the physical demands of this position include lifting in excess of 40 pounds. Moving tool boxes around, and lifting and standing for extended periods of time.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS USED
Some of the equipment and tools used for the job are a lathe, mills, surface grinders, mig welder.
Arc welder, tig welder, hand tools, hand grinder, band saw, cut off saw, drill presses of all sizes, heat treat equipment, cranes, forklifts
• High School Diploma or GED required; 2-year Associates Degree from accredited technical college is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Previous set-up and programming experience would be an asset.
• Certified Machinist required
TECHNICAL TRAINING: Must be a certified CNC Machine Operator, CMM Training
• Practical knowledge of CNC Programming and CNC machine controls i.e.; tool offsets/changes, program changeovers.
• Advanced knowledge of machining fundamentals i.e. turning, milling.
• Certified to operate overhead crane
OTHER: General knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of engineering science. Computer knowledge and CNC or EDM and Tig welding; CAD/Blueprint reading and shop math; die building experience is a plus, but not necessary. Basic knowledge in automation.
WHAT TYPES? Strong technical background; General machining and CNC Machining and programming experience
HOW MUCH? Minimum 2 years in a heavy manufacturing environment (preferably Automotive)
WHAT ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR ABILITIES WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR THE JOB?
-Blueprint reading/knowledge of CAD
PAY $25-29 PER HOUR TO START PLUS SIGN ON BONUS POSSIBLE