Expectations: Accomplish day to day tactical objectives in support of the company and the department goals. Demonstrates adherence to company policies and procedures in support of safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale (SQDCM) initiatives. Embraces and promotes company core values to establish and maintain a culture committed to ethical practices, legal compliance and a union-free environment. Takes initiative to participate in training and developing opportunities to prepare for current and future challenges.
Role(s): To maintain the day to day Environmental, Health, and Safety operations of the plant.
- Performs PPE analysis, makes recommendations and orders PPE and safety supplies.
- Tracks injuries, reviews, and makes recommendations for safety improvements.
- Maintains understanding and knowledge of current federal, state, and company EHS regulations and policies.
- Performs job hazard analysis, system auditing and ergonomic task analysis.
- Assists in implementation of injury reduction efforts.
- Tracks and reports operational safety and environmental performance.
- Conductions safety training programs for all levels of operations concluding initial safety orientations.
- Assist organization by participating in special taskforce assignments and special projects.
- Create safety training presentations and recommends EHS policy and program improvements.
- Systematically tracks safety items such as PPE, inventory, injuries, first aid cases, inspections, etc. for analysis of trends, identifying opportunities for improvements and reporting.
- Complete all daily, weekly, monthly audits and inspections and present all documentation in a timely manner to management as directed.
- Maintains all paper and digital copies of all inspections, audits, and accident, near-miss and incident and illness reports in accordance to EHS operating procedures.
- Leads and trains new Safety Committee Members and responds to the Committee’s concerns and finding.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in EHS
- High School Diploma/GED required (AA/AS or Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Safety or related field preferred)
- Equivalent Experience/Education: 3-7 years of EHS or job related experience in manufacturing/automotive industry
- ISO 45001 Internal/External Auditor Certification
- OSHA 10/30 Hour Certification
- First Aid / CPR Certification
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to lead personnel of varying backgrounds, skillsets, and abilities to handle high stress situations with an absolute degree of calmness and professionalism
- Basic knowledge and understanding of workers compensation