PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide assistance to the Casting Department Manager. He/She will support the departmental leadership and employees to successfully meet goals and objectives by providing guidance, technical expertise and resources needed in order to be safe and productive.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
The Casting Production Supervisor is responsible for all employee’s safety and well-
being, overall development and supervision of Team Leaders and employees, health and
safety, quality, customer cost, productivity, and ergonomic issues through using the
company policies and procedures and the Magna Employee’s Charter as a guideline.
He/She will provide supervision and direction to the Casting employees/operators in the
Casting department area assigned to them ensuring that the Customer, People and
Investor goals are balanced and met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS:
1) Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
3) Follow, comply and enforce all operational procedures/policies as stated in the
employee Environmental Health and Safety programs (OSHA
Standards). Responsible to ensure employees are properly trained and adhering
to such policies, enforcing disciplinary actions when safety infractions occur, and
conduct Team Safety Talks as required.
4) Ensure weekly safety talks in pre-shift meetings are being conducted with
employees signing safety training roster
5) Routinely make visual inspections of emergency evacuations routes correcting
any safety concerns immediately
6) Ensure daily pre-shift inspections are completed, conduct unplanned inspection
audits on a weekly basis and planned inspection audits once a month
7) Schedule, supervise, coordinate, and direct the activities of employees to ensure
that production levels and quality standards are met. Monitor throughout day and
make adjustments to support operations
8) Establish and maintain effective communications with all other departments as
well as conduct all business activities in a professional manner
9) Plan and direct the utilization and use of all equipment and manpower to achieve
the most effective results
10) Supervise employees in accordance with the principles of the Employee Charter
and the policies and procedures set out in the Employee Handbook
11) Act on behalf of the Department Manager in their absence and assume the
responsibilities of Team Leader in their absence.
12) Responsible for accurate and timely monitoring and approval of employees’
schedules through E-time.
13) Immediately attend to all accidents and injuries and initiate the accident and injury
investigation program. Within 24 hours of an accident/incident complete accident
investigations identifying root cause and corrective action
14) Audits team member adherence to processes and procedures including,
but not limited to SOP, ULDS, QID, QIF, TLCQQ and provides feedback and
coaching where needed to ensure adherence.
15) Supervise Team Leaders in their job performance and ensure fulfillment of
policies, practices and procedures.
16) Utilize interactive management principles when implementing corrective discipline
procedures in dealing with employees, encourage professional development to
enhance team performance, and cross train to maximize flexibility and coverage
to accommodate vacations and absences.
17) Provide timely coaching, counseling, and feedback to employees through one-on-
one sessions, performance evaluations, and regular team meetings.
18) Ensure department KPI’s-key performance indicators are current and posted.
19) LPA and other required audits are completed on-time for all responsible areas
20) Responsible to work with Cross Functional Departments to ensure successful
implementation of engineering changes.
21) Develop and facilitate on-the-job employee training -encourages training and
22) Promote continuous improvement programs, strive to maintain and improve
productivity while capitalizing on cost reduction opportunities.
23) Promote good housekeeping & 5S through regular workplace inspections
24) Perform other duties as required.
SKILL (Ability to do the job)
Lead by example
Must be a “Self-Starter” with the ability to formulate a project and see it through to
Must possess working knowledge and understanding of the assembly process
Ability to work in a team environment
Must possess working knowledge and understanding of quality systems,
standards, and procedures
Must have strong team-focused, interpersonal and leadership abilities
Must have excellent communication skills
Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as required to meet external
and internal customer requirements
Must be willing to work in various locations within and outside the facility
Must be able to pay good attention to detail
Must possess good human relations, leadership skills, and a maturity of judgment
Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills.
Ability to operate and maintain all machinery and equipment in his/her assigned
Some of the physical demands of this position include the ability to lift 40 pounds,
standing and walking for extended periods of time, and occasional bending or stooping.
Office environment. May spend some time in manufacturing environment using normal
PPE and safety precautions.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS USED
Some of the equipment and tools used are: Some of the equipment and tools used are
computers, portable phone, 2-way radio, copier/printer, departmental hand tools,
checking fixtures, and personal protective equipment.
High School Diploma or GED required,
TECHNICAL TRAINING: Automated systems environment, Automotive preferred
OTHER: Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Experience in an automotive manufacturing environment, previous
leadership role preferred Minimum of 5 years
•Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities in support of management’s
priorities and goals.
•Strong written and verbal communication skills.
•Be able to readily resolve conflicts and maintain progress on tasks and projects.
•Be able to adjust to changing needs and conditions.
•Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office software