Excellent opportunity with one of the top 3 Global Automotive suppliers. Great benefits, 401k, profit sharing and paid time off. Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply today!!
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To maintain and troubleshoot dies in-house to produce a quality product in a safe manner.
Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthful workplace and keeping tooling maintained to produce quality products. Also responsible for continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, making informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS:
- Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
- Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity
- Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and fills out the pm sheet and keep PM schedules up to date.
- Operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment.
- Verifies conformance of machined or repaired dies to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances and alignments.
- Troubleshoots for problems during production.
- Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes.
- Tryout of new die sets and tooling.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations
- Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Die Casting Operations and Quality procedures
- Assist in determining spare parts requirements
- Maintain accurate documentation
- Train operators and new employees
- Recommend modifications to existing equipment
- Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments
- Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes
- Ensure quality product and know quality procedures
- Perform die changes
- Perform troubleshoot of tooling (in or out of the presses)
- Work to blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions
- Efficiently perform Lock out/Tag out Procedures
- Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
- Perform other duties as required.
SKILL (Ability to do the job)
- Ability to use all tool room equipment and measuring tools
- Ability to work unsupervised and make quick decisions
- Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshooting in Press
- Understanding of draw and trim operations and functions
- Proven ability in aluminum trim die setup including steel entry standards and trap points
- Ability to weld and restore tooling to original condition
- Trouble shooting surface quality issues and implementing corrections, stoning, highlighting and perform changes to meet customer expectations in tooling.
- Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as needed
- Must possess knowledge of casting processes
- Willingness to adapt to change and learn
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS USED
Some of the equipment and tools used for the job are a lathe, mills, surface grinders, mig welder.
Arc welder, tig welder, hand tools, hand grinder, band saw, cut off saw, drill presses of all sizes,
heat treat equipment, cranes, and tow motors.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required: 2-year from a technical college or minimum 5 years experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing facility
OTHER: Journeyman certification is preferred: general knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of engineering science. Computer knowledge and CNC or EDM and Tig welding, but not required; CAD/Blueprint reading and shop math; die building experience is a plus, but not necessary. Basic knowledge in automation.
Tool & Die background in a manufacturing environment; journeyman experience preferred, job shop, hands on; Die Casting background. Welding experience, die construction, basic machining (milling, grinding, turning), sharpening cutting edges, reworking form steels, tig welding, mig welding, arc welding
Minimum 4 years on the job experience as a Tool & Die Maker
Pay $25-29 per hour to start DOE