Excellent opportunity with one of the top 3 Global Automotive suppliers. Great benefits, 401k, profit sharing and paid time off. Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply today!!
To maintain and troubleshoot dies in-house to produce a quality product in a safe manner.
Responsible for continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, making informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs.
- Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
- Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity
- Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and fills out the pm sheet and keep PM schedules up to date.
- Operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment.
- Verifies conformance of machined or repaired dies to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances and alignments.
- Troubleshoots for problems during production.
- Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes.
- Tryout of new die sets and tooling.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required: 2-year from a technical college or minimum 5 years experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing facility
OTHER: Journeyman certification is preferred: general knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of engineering science. Computer knowledge and CNC or EDM and Tig welding, but not required; CAD/Blueprint reading and shop math; die building experience is a plus, but not necessary. Basic knowledge in automation.
Pay $25-29 per hour to start DOE